Addresses

MTC Address Mission Address
Sister Katrina Roene Dunn Sister Katrina Roene Dunn
FEB25 PHI-CEB Philippines Cebu Mission
2009 N 900 E Unit 112 Temple Complex-CJCLDS
Provo UT 84602 Gorordo Ave
Lahug, Cebu City
6000 Cebu, Philippines

Saturday, March 26, 2016

Shiblon


Hi loved ones!
How is everything? I hope you all had a good week with many successes! The Lord is on our side! I know it :D 

Wednesday: We went to Toledo to do our shopping. The jeepney ride makes me want to throw up, it's an hour both ways.. patay na lang. I did end up getting a pedicure so all is well. 

Thursday: We had a successful day, and we had fresh buko twice! So very delicious! And my companion and I are continuing to eat healthy. We eat mais rice and fresh fish pretty much every day. We went to two of our IBD's and had very good lessons with them before hiking out to the middle of nowhere to visit one of our investigators. Always an adventure. 

Friday: We OST'ed a man who was taught by missionaries before. Besides being a little bit proud, he was still receptive, and for the most part kind. 

Saturday: Cyrus' baptism, it went well. Success!! But then after that everything went downhill, we were SUPER PUNTED! It was painful. We walked all day trying to talk to people and they didn't want anything to do with us. 

Sunday: I am the Branch Pianist. I'm not very good, but i can bang out a tune with both hands. I also gave a talk on scripture study. We were punted all day again... so... hmm... 

Monday: I had kinilao for lunch. it was delicious, i hadn't had it since Bacong. We tracted again and finally saw some success. It's a process. We also had a member kuyog with us and that really helped. We've started teaching Cyrus' brother as well. It's really awesome seeing his example for him. 

Tuesday: We OST'ed this woman who makes seashell necklaces for a living, and so i bought a few from her, they are super cool and only 1 peso each!! She was taught many years ago, but doesn't remember much. Her husband passed away a few years ago because he fell out of a coconut tree. She's raised her 7 kids by herself. Wow. 

Wednesday: We got another tricycle to Toldeo... kapoy kaayo! still feels like death. they drive so SLOW! I'm hoping for more sucess this week. 

I had a cool study the other day in Alma. I was reading Alma's letters to his three sons, and I noticed some things. In his letter to Helaman he says "now you may think this is foolishness in me, but it is for a wise purpose." I imagine Helaman, he's the oldest son, probably a little bit proud, think's he's got his life together, and probably thinks his old man doesn't know much, but Helaman get's things done.
Then you read Alma's letter to Shiblon, all he does is thanks him for his steadiness, and encourages him to continue. Shiblon is probably the quiet, dependable one, does what he's asked, doesn't care about recognition, he's the reliable one. Alma doesn't need to worry about him.
And then there is Alma's letter to Corianton, where he basically says "you have been very bad." Corianton is the selfish, free loving, baby of the family who does what he wants. 

I remembered a stewardship implementation when i was serving in Sibulan. Every day before you go to bed, identify which of Alma's sons you were that day. Some days I feel like Helaman, i can do it all myself (that's a lie, you can never do it all yourself, but sometimes I'm prideful) some days I'm Shiblon, I do what I'm supposed to, I'm obedient, i recognize the Lord's hand in all things,
and i hope i'm never like corianton, but some days we ALL are.

I honestly hope we all strive to be like Shiblon, that's what the Lord needs. A lot of Shiblon's.
Just a thought, that's what i studied yesterday, it really stuck with me.
I love being a missionary!


-Sister Katrina Dunn

No comments:

Post a Comment