Addresses

MTC Address Mission Address
Sister Katrina Roene Dunn Sister Katrina Roene Dunn
FEB25 PHI-CEB Philippines Cebu Mission
2009 N 900 E Unit 112 Temple Complex-CJCLDS
Provo UT 84602 Gorordo Ave
Lahug, Cebu City
6000 Cebu, Philippines

Saturday, February 27, 2016

#TIGER


I'm experiencing a truly difficult moment right now. In the location we are emailing they are blasting Paramore music and, the struggle is real. (Honestly it took me a really long time to write that sentence because I kept making English grammar mistakes). But alas, I will make it through. #strong. 
So I'm slacking on my journal, again. But I'm at least only a few days behind, I'll catch up later today. All is well. 

Wednesday: Haha, the support didn't come in till waaayy late so we had no money for groceries so we just went back to the apartment and Sister Larsen and I put funny captions on a bunch of pictures and were dying laughing. When there was finally kwarta naglakaw me didto sa Gaisano, kay wala'y lain. 

Thursday: The STL's had exchanges so we had lunch together. It was a slow afternoon, we got pretty punted, so we did a member visit to encourage missionary work. Then later we had an OST with a really nice nanay, I saw her through the gate so I just started talking to her, and then I asked her where the entrance was and then I just walked right in and we sat down and taught. 

Friday: We went back to our Nanay with the broken arm. poor thing. We stopped by one of our LA's as well but she was selling at her tindahan so she wouldn't let us teach her. Next time na lang... We went out to Castillo and Christian wasn't there so we were only able to teach Cristale Mae. And then we went to Gemma, she's still looking for a fish net hammock for me, I'm so happy! She's so thoughtful! She's going to look in Zamboanga when she goes. On the walk home we saw Larry and their little baby, the surgery is finished!!! His cleft lip is gone! I'm almost cried I was so happy! We just high fived because we got to be a tiny part in the whole process. 

Saturday: Exchanges with the favorite!! Sister Larsen and I worked together! We went up to Palampas and had a blast!! We taught Nanay and Tatay Ruben. It took me forever to get them to smile for the picture. They're so cute. They had this CR that the walls had gotten knocked down in Typhoon Yolanda so there's just this random toilet in the middle of their property so whenever missionaries go up there we have to take a picture with it hahah but I'm not going to send it :D 

We went to Nanay Carmen later in the day, and she's fabulous. She made us all these banana treats (ever since then she sends home little bags of food for us with the STL's) #HAYAHAY.
We had a busy afternoon, almost got debated with by one of their investigators but we followed the spirit and managed to divert him. I think he's progressing again.
#TIGER is an inside joke, but it applies SOO WELL to life and everything that happens when you get 2 foreigners walking around together in San Carlos. 

Sunday: I've started decorating the INSIDE of my planner hahah, it's looking fabulous. We had a boy come up to us in church and saw he wants to be baptized (it's exciting these things never happen for me), we still have to meet his parents and ask if its okay if we teach him. And hopefully teach his parents as well. 

Monday: We found a GOLDEN JUD investigator. She's hard core, she's so cool. Her major is Marine Engineering and she swims for 5 hours a day, and in her 3 year she's going to be dropped out of an airplane into the ocean and she has to swim to shore. She has so many questions and she's so receptive.
We had an apartment check after district meeting, kulbahan!! The Dunne's were kind and worked with us! I love working with them, they have such good testimonies!
There's this boy in our area, he's 16, and every time we see him he's NOT on the ground. So far we've caught him hanging in the gutters, on a roof, on a tindahan, in a banana tree, on a cement wall, and in a mango tree. It's so funny, his name's Jason we're just like "Hey Jason". 

Tuesday: Raymart told us this fabulous knock knock joke in visaya that I will have to say when I come home, although I'll be the only one that understands, but we died laughing. His baptism is this saturday! IT'S A GO!
Junnah worked with us, she's an RM, and she is FABULOUS! She's such a good teacher. we taught some REALLY GOOD lessons. We taught this one OST and I had this moment where the spirit LITERALLY spoke through me, I don't even remember what I said, I didn't even think about it, it just happened, and the woman just started opening up to us about her life. It was awesome!
We went to our RC's house and her teenage nephew comes out wearing a kimono it was so funny. It reminded me of New Girl with Schmidt is always wearing a kimono. 

Wednesday: We did grocery this morning before email, and there was some fear because the power is being shady today, it keeps browning out.
We have a zone activity later today, hopefully it will be fun.

I had a moment of fear yesterday, I don't have a lot of time left...
San Carlos is GROWING! We are seeing so much progress here, we are overcoming and winning!
I love being a missionary.


-Sister Katrina Dunn

No comments:

Post a Comment