Addresses

MTC Address Mission Address
Sister Katrina Roene Dunn Sister Katrina Roene Dunn
FEB25 PHI-CEB Philippines Cebu Mission
2009 N 900 E Unit 112 Temple Complex-CJCLDS
Provo UT 84602 Gorordo Ave
Lahug, Cebu City
6000 Cebu, Philippines

Wednesday, October 14, 2015

Trust God and believe in Good Things to Come

Hello Family! How is Mother Freedom (America)? Anyways, it is now the 3rd week of the transfer, time is flying! As in, asa man siya...? Well, that's not worry about that. Also I want to testify that I have the best companion in the entire world. She is fabulous, and so much fun! Usually I bring my journal to email, but I forgot it this week, so I'll do my best from memory lang. 

Wednesday: We had plans to celebrate in style, but we were both so tired we just got our groceries (I did buy a pair of shoes for 45 pesos = 1 american dollar, no regrets). 

Thursday: we tracted, got 2 OST's, 6 new investigators, and were able to teach Carl again. He's really progressive, finding him was a tender mercy from the Lord. He's ready to receive the gospel. We had Zone Training Meeting that morning and learned some new things for the mission. 

Friday: Weekly planning, we're setting some big goals. Especially some new companionship goals. 

Saturday: Conference, it was beautiful. Jeffrey R. Holland's talk made me cry. Everyone go and give it an extra listen. We went out to lunch with the other missionaries at this really posh calendaria called FoodNet, the idea was to save money by going there, but I think we all ended up spending more than planned. They had delightful chicken curry and mango smoothies. 

We went and taught Fernando that night and he was like "You weren't there this morning!" and we were like "Tay, we were at conference what are you talking about?!" and then he told us he went to the Priesthood session, something we hadn't even mentioned to him. We think he found out from a member of the ward. We had to explain to him that it was only for men. He accepted a baptism date! Also, he's in 3rd Nephi already in the book of Mormon, he was explaining his study to us "So I was reading here about the apostles, which led me to this chapter where Jesus institutes the sacrament." We were just sitting there with our mouths hanging open, we couldn't believe it. 

Sunday: Fernando came to conference, and the investigator father of one of our LA's came, even though he had just gotten off the night shift of work and was exhausted! Yay!!!
The Prophets talk was beautiful, it made me realize how we need to really be different from all those around us, we need to set the example, be the better person. I've been praying so hard for our beloved Prophet. I love him, I sustain him. 

Monday: We went to Dumaguete for Zone interviews, even though our interview wasn't till Tuesday. The work shop was really good, about the enabling power of the Atonement. That night we taught a lesson to one of our investigators with a live in, and we invited to start saving money so they could get married, but she didn't take it very well. We're hoping she'll change her mind. We're praying hard for her. 

Tuesday: I witnessed a dog riding on a motorcycle. It was very interesting. I busted up laughing from the back of the jeepney I was sitting in. The people around me didn't understand why I thought it was so funny. All I could imagine was me and Bandeau riding a moped together and I laughed harder.
I had a really good interview with President, he gave me a lot of good counsel. I have many things to work on in the next few weeks. I'm trying to figure out what I should do. A lot of praying, a lot of scripture study. And of course, EXACT OBEDIENCE! 

I had a good study this morning in 3rd Nephi. It's where they are preparing for war against the Gadianton Robbers. What stood out to me was the very first thing Lachoneus had the people do, was to pray. "But he did cause that his people should cry unto the Lord for strength". and then they went about making the necessary preparations. They truly represent people who knew how the enabling power of the Atonement works. They prayed, they did their part, they worked hard, and then they humbled themselves before the Lord and trusted in him. There's a quote by Jeffrey R Holland that I love “Don't you quit. You keep walking, you keep trying, there is help and happiness ahead. Some blessings come soon. Some come late. Some don't come until heaven. But for those who embrace the gospel of Jesus Christ, they come. It will be alright in the end. Trust God and believe in Good Things to Come.”. 

In reality that's what most of the conference talks were about. What lack I yet? And how we need to accept the will of the Lord in all things.
I love being a missionary.
-Sister Katrina Dunn

No comments:

Post a Comment