Addresses

MTC Address Mission Address
Sister Katrina Roene Dunn Sister Katrina Roene Dunn
FEB25 PHI-CEB Philippines Cebu Mission
2009 N 900 E Unit 112 Temple Complex-CJCLDS
Provo UT 84602 Gorordo Ave
Lahug, Cebu City
6000 Cebu, Philippines

Tuesday, June 16, 2015

Storm



Well hello all you beautiful people. I am currently bumping motab in my headphones because the people in this internethan are using less than desirable language. Well you get that no matter where you go in the world. Also I'm eating McDonalds french fries... no regrets. Sige, this week has been a whirlwind. I'll just share. 

I finally made it into my new journal, someone please be proud. I have a few happy birthdays to wish... for one: Happy birthday Nick! Happy birthday Taylor! I really hope i didn't forget anyone else, I'm sorry the days kind of blur together. 

Wednesday: after buying a ten year supply of mogu we went home and I napped. OR tried to. I think that i actually updated my journal. 

Thursday: A very long day. We visited 2 of our investigators and a few Less actives. 

Friday: Weekly planning, da da da da there was a bunch of punting. Oh and I got to try fresh buko juice. We were at the branch presidents house and he cut open fresh coconut from the trees outside, and we stuck straws in it and sucked all the water out, then we cut it all the way open and used a spoon to eat the inside. It was lami, and i managed to eat the whole thing. It was difficult. 

Saturday: We went up to Buntod, I was feeling kind of sick. I struggled through a few lessons. One of the less actives was feeding all of her farm animals and there was baby pigs they were so cute. the geese are crazy. i digress. 

Sunday: One of the members we love had her baby, he's a tiny little thing. We went by and saw him, adorable. We taught the nanny for their other daughter while we were there, she's one of our investigators. We also had a really spiritual lesson on the plan of salvation with a different investigator. The longer I'm out here the more I realize that EVERYTHING boils down to the plan of salvation. 

That night i was woken up at about 12:30 by the loudest storm i have ever encountered. It sounded like a teenage giant was learning to play the drums. Or that the sky was literally trying to tear itself in half. the sky was flashing white with lightning too, it was so crazy, so loud that i had to cover my ears. 

Monday: We had district meeting in Dumaguete, we got KFC for lunch. BAD IDEA! I was sick for the rest of the day. I do not suggest KFC unless you want your stomach to be in the worst pain of your life. Usually its pretty good, but not that day! We only had one lesson because we got punted the rest of the day. It was hard tracting for 7 hours. 

Tuesday: One of our harder less actives was being really sassy when we got there. we have a really good new investigator who lives right on the beach, we shared about priesthood with him and his family. I'm really excited to see how he progresses. 

Wednesday: here we are again, talking about my week. And here we will be again in exactly a week.
I continued my study this week on the Atonement. I hope everyone realizes how big of a deal the atonement is. EVERYTHING boils down to the plan of salvation, and what is the center of the plan of salvation? The atonement. 

Acts 4:12 Neither is there salvation in any other: for there is none other name under heaven given among men, whereby we must be saved. 
This is the only way to return to live with heavenly father again. The price has been paid, we just need to do our part. I am so grateful for my savior Jesus Christ, I hope you are all too.
Love the missionaries in your area, they are trying the best they can.
Love you so much,
-Sister Katrina Dunn

No comments:

Post a Comment