Addresses

MTC Address Mission Address
Sister Katrina Roene Dunn Sister Katrina Roene Dunn
FEB25 PHI-CEB Philippines Cebu Mission
2009 N 900 E Unit 112 Temple Complex-CJCLDS
Provo UT 84602 Gorordo Ave
Lahug, Cebu City
6000 Cebu, Philippines

Tuesday, May 19, 2015

Toledo: the City of Copper with a Heart of Gold


No I'm not just being char. Those are the exact words on the sign by the bay in the city. And did I have an exciting week or what in the 'copper city with a heart of gold'.


Wednesday: Of course I went to the temple. The bus was so hot on the way home. One of our less-actives hid from us but we hunted her down and taught her anyway. It was very exciting.


Thursday: Bandeau's birthday. I hope y'all celebrated right! He deserves the best. My companion told me I needed to humble myself. I was embarrassed. Thank you for the wake up call Nay, I needed it.


This woman we OST'ed when I was only a week in the field, we walked by her house and she invited us in and let us teach her, and she told us her husband has been reading the BOM! Awesome.


The elder's gave us 'perfect directions' (no joke they even titled them that when they handed us the slip of paper), to Talavera. We taught a woman there named Charmain, and I botched the first vision, but the lesson was still really good. I just need to do better next time.


My companion stepped on a tiki and it was smashed so bad. Just killed it dead. It was an accident, it was really funny. But we were so tired we didn't throw it away till the next morning.


Friday: HAPPY BIRTHDAY AUNT LINDA! I haven't forgotten about you! We had a CSP and they blasted 'Complicated' by Avril Lavigne. I was laughing so hard. Rocking old school there. Norein and MaiMai treated us to Jollibee that night. Spaghetti and reeses mix in. Fabulous.


Saturday: We FTE'd a group of incredibly drunk men. Want to know why i hate alcohol. It makes people ridiculous. One of them went back and forth from yelling at me, and being nice to me. And then he bought us soda. I don't know. It was very strange. We celebrated Sister Abenoja's birthday in style. We ate mexican food! It was delightful. We got to go to the halls and have snacks for dinner! One of the member's kuyog'ed to an appointment.


Sunday: We went to Casoy in the morning for special sacrament but it got canceled so we just took pictures and hung out. Fabulous. We almost lost each other too. Whoops. It is the cutest little mountain village. We said our goodbyes to sister Lamoglia, she's heading home #char. There were tears, not from me.


Monday: Transfer calls. and guess what... I'M TRANSFERRING! to the other island. I'm going to the land of Milk and Honey. My new area: Bacong. bukid. fun! Let's go. I'm gearing up for follow up training. I'm not a baby anymore.


We have spent the past few days saying goodbye and packing up. I'm scared, I'm stressed, I got this. I love all of you


I have a challenge for anyone willing to embark. Read the Book of Mormon before I come home, and you will get a boss gift.
Gihigugma ti mo!


-sister katrina dunn

1 comment:

  1. thanks for featuring our city! my sincere appreciation for all your efforts!

    ReplyDelete