Addresses

MTC Address Mission Address
Sister Katrina Roene Dunn Sister Katrina Roene Dunn
FEB25 PHI-CEB Philippines Cebu Mission
2009 N 900 E Unit 112 Temple Complex-CJCLDS
Provo UT 84602 Gorordo Ave
Lahug, Cebu City
6000 Cebu, Philippines

Wednesday, December 23, 2015

The Anak


FAMILY!! I'm alive!! I'm no longer sick!! Miracles!!! I'm seeing so many blessings in my life right now! I'm healthy, I have a fabulous new companion, and San Carlos is progressing! #work

Wednesday: I was crying like a baby in Toledo. I miss my first area. I saw so many wonderful things there. It was a blessing to pass through, even if only for a moment. We got a jeepney express with the other trainers to Cebu and got there pretty late. We weren't allowed in temple complex because we might see the new missionaries so we walked right on past and saw some senior couples! These lovely people pulled 1000 pesos out of their pocket and told us to get something good to eat! We found this fabulous chocolate cafe and got these delicious things called Frio's! and I got this like dark sipping chocolate. Mom, you would love it. pure dark chocolate. it's that tiny glass because it's soooo rich. we all shared it. Then we went to this super fancy build your own pizza place that reminded me of one of those fancy restaraunts in Seattle. We built our own DELICIOUS PIZZA's and then went back to the apartment. Sister Abenoja was there because she's training too! BEST FRIEND! 

Thursday: we got up early and headed down to the temple. President had us for breakfast at his house. peach cobbler, bacon, the whole nine yards. We are so spoiled! I love it! It felt good to eat after 2 weeks of almost no food.
They lined the new missionaries on the lawn facing the temple and then we walked out behind them and when I stood behind my new missionary I started to cry because I knew she was mine. The trainers sang called to serve and then the new missionaries turned around and saw us for the first time. It was a really special experience. 

When I walked down to distribution I saw Mai2x, who i haven't seen since my training! I cried when I hugged her, she got me through my training, and now she's in the MTC. I'm so proud of her!
We took a bus back to Toledo, and I got to FTE a sikad driver, and her remembered me from my training! I got to see Sister Atienza, my follow up trainee, she's follow up training now, it's amazing to see how she's grown. We got a boat back to San Carlos and didn't get in till late. 

Friday: weekly planning, everything is a teaching moment. It's interesting having someone watch my every move to see how I do things. That's what training is i guess, teach by example.
I'm almost out of time so I just want to give shining moments to Sister Angar. She's from Davao, her and her brother are both on missions. She's super white, like as white as me, everyone here thinks it's really funny. She's native visaya so I dont have to train in the language (thank goodness), She's so good I swear she's pretrained. I learn so much from her every day. I'm so proud to have her as my companion. She loves the people here so deeply. 

I was able to go on exchanges yesterday and I had a heart to heart with my STL sister Larsen. She was trained in the same area as me, so she loves the same people i do there. She is so down to earth and a really good listener, I'm learning a lot from her. It feels really nice to have a good support system in the house. I feel exceptionally blessed.
I always feel like I have no time, is it bad to complain that 2 hours isn't enough? 

I loved my personal study this morning. I was reading in Joshua about when the waters of the river jordan receded when the feet of those bearing the ark of the covenant stepped in. Then they laid twelve stones as tribute. I chose 12 stones in my own life that represent the things I have gained since I've started striving to make Christ the center of my life. I wrote them down and I just want to say I've gained so much strength from my Savior. Jesus Christ has done it all for me. I'm trying to now go the extra mile for him. 

I love being a missionary!! I'll see you family on Christmas! love youusss!
-Sister Katrina Dunn

No comments:

Post a Comment