Addresses

MTC Address Mission Address
Sister Katrina Roene Dunn Sister Katrina Roene Dunn
FEB25 PHI-CEB Philippines Cebu Mission
2009 N 900 E Unit 112 Temple Complex-CJCLDS
Provo UT 84602 Gorordo Ave
Lahug, Cebu City
6000 Cebu, Philippines

Monday, April 11, 2016

99


Mission life continues to be inspiring and hard work. Just keep swimming daw...
Wednesday: we went directly to Toledo, the jeepney ride always makes me sick... we went to get the paperwork for our apartment signed when we came back, and the landlord has ALL OF THE LAND BEFORE TIME MOVIES ON DVD!! I was in absolute awe... brought back so many memories. 

Thursday: Zone interviews. I love zone interviews, it's always a reassurance, knowing that I'm on the path I'm supposed to be on. We met and taught this man and he has a ton of questions. He was converted to his religion in 2012 but he still has a bunch of unanswered questions. It was an interesting lesson, but good.
Someone graduated so they killed a goat and 2 chickens to eat for the celebration. We passed by their house and saw all the hair and I was like "oh, what died?" hahah, delicious!! but we didn't eat any, but it smelled nice. 

Friday: I'm studying humility right now, i decided it's a big thing i need to work on right now. As a mission we are each choosing a christlike attribute to work on, that's what i chose.
We were given a bunch of free star apple. we went back to one of our investigators and she was so happy to see us again. She's so nice, I have big hopes for her :D 

Saturday: We went to Toledo for general women's session of GC and it was really good! I loved the theme of service! Neill Marriott's talk was my favorite, i felt like she was talking to me personally.
Duterte, the mayor of Davao, the one running for president in the philippines was visiting Toledo so traffic was a madhouse. And on the ride home, we are in the middle of nowhere in Bato and THE JEEPNEY BROKE DOWN!! I was like... PAGSURE!! we all had to get out and wait on the side of the road for the next jeepney to come along. I never thought i would be victim to a broken down jeepney... as carlotta says in phantom of the opera: these things do happen! 

Sunday: I almost had to teach primary, but one of the elders wanted to do it. I dodged a bullet there. one of our investigators hid from us, but I went to the other side of the house and said "SISTER, HOW ARE YOU!" and she came out and was nice, and let us come in. We helped her take the corn kernels off the cob (i don't know how to say it in english) nagtang2x me sa mais.. 

Monday: TIng's had tocino... and they had empanada apparently, but i didn't see it and my companion told me about it later.. so i didn't get any..
we tracted some more. went back to one of our investigators, we had a really powerful lesson on the book of mormon. She still had her old copy from when she was taught before. 

Tuesday: we tracted all day, saw little success, but no effort is wasted!! 

Wednesday: we have a zone activity later, hopefully it goes well and we have fun :D
99.. problems 
99.. miracles daily :D
99.. days.
Make it count! ;)
I love being a missionary!
-Sister Katrina Dunn

No comments:

Post a Comment